Medicine, And Anesthesia
- Anesthesia administered to a normal, healthy patient undergoing an esophageal procedure is coded as
A. 00500-P1. B. 00502-P1. C. 00500-P2. D. 00506-P1.
- A new patient comes into the doctor’s office for her annual gynecological exam. During the course of the exam, she undergoes a screening cervical cytopathology smear, which is performed by an automated system under the supervision of a physician. What HCPCS code is assigned?
A. G0185 B. G7869 C. G7452 D. G0147
- A new patient is seen for a home visit that involves a comprehensive history, examination, and medical decision making of high complexity. What code should be assigned?
A. 99349 B. 99345 C. 99342 D. 99350
- A prolonged evaluation and management service before and/or after direct patient care for one hour is coded as
A. 99359. B. 99358. C. 99361. D. 99360.
- A 57-year-old patient is admitted to the hospital for a hip arthroscopy procedure. The patient is a normal healthy patient with no systemic disease. What anesthesia CPT code should be assigned?
A. 01242-P2 B. 01202-P1 C. 01202-P3 D. 01202-P5
- Anesthesia for procedures performed on the larynx and trachea in an 11-month-old child would be assigned to code
A. 00620. B. 00625. C. 00326. D. 00532.
- A patient returns for a follow-up office visit regarding the repair of her fractured knee. The office visit consists of a detailed history, detailed examination, and medical decision making of moderate complexity. What CPT code is assigned?
A. 99213 B. 99212 C. 99211 D. 99214
- Intramuscular nonhormonal antineoplastic chemotherapy administration would be assigned to code
A. 96402. B. 96405. C. 96406. D. 96401.
- Home infusion with specialty drug administration during a 6-hour visit would be assigned what codes?
A. 99606, 99607 ×3 B. 99601, 99602 ×4 C. 99604, 99605 ×2 D. 99603, 99604 ×2
- A patient is seen for a psychiatric diagnostic evaluation. The physician obtains a complete history of the patient’s mental status and does a complete biological and psychosocial assessment along with a https://tiptopessays.com/wp-admin/post-new.php complete physical examination. The physician’s final diagnosis is recurrent episode of severe major depressive disorder, without any psychotic behavior involved. The patient also has a history of psychological trauma. What codes are assigned?
A. F33.2, Z91.49 B. F33.1, Z91.47 C. F34.2, Z91.49 D. F36.2, Z91.46
- A 17-year-old patient is diagnosed with a severe form of nutritional anemia. What ICD-10-CM code should be assigned?
A. D45.9 B. D53.9 C. D74.9 D. D65.9
- A 32-year-old patient receives anesthesia for spinal surgery. The anesthesia is complicated by utilization of controlled hypotension. What add-on anesthesia code would be assigned?
A. 99174 B. 92117 C. 99100 D. 99135
Medicine, And Anesthesia