5 Assignment Benchmark
In this assignment you will summarize and analyze the essential elements of the Christian worldview and reflect on implications for your own worldview.
Write a 1,250-1,500-word essay using at least two course resources (textbook, lectures, the Bible) and at least two other sources from the GCU Library to support your points. Remember, the Bible counts as one reference regardless of how many times you use it or how many verses you cite.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
- The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.
Begin your paper with an appropriate introduction, including a thesis statement to introduce the purpose of the paper.
Organize your paper with the following sections using the seven underlined titles for subheadings.
The Christian Worldview: Describe the beliefs of the Christian worldview with regard to the following components corresponding to Topics 2-5. Write at least one paragraph for each component using the underlined title for a subheading.
God: What is God like? What are God’s characteristics? What is his creation?
Humanity: What is human nature? What is human purpose? What is the root cause of human problems?
Jesus: What is Jesus’ true identity? What did Jesus do? Why is Jesus’ identity and work significant for the Christian worldview?
Restoration: What is the solution to human problems according to the Christian worldview? What role do grace and faith play in Christian salvation? How do Christians think that the transformation of self and society happens?
Analysis: Analyze the Christian worldview by addressing each of the following questions:
- What are the benefits or strengths of Christian belief?
- What is troublesome or confusing about Christianity?
- How does Christianity influence a person’s thinking and behavior?
Reflection: Reflect on your worldview by answering one of the following questions:
- If you are not a Christian, what similarities and differences are there between your worldview and the Christian worldview?
- If you are a Christian, how specifically do you live out the beliefs of the Christian worldview?
Conclusion: Synthesize the main points, pulling the ideas of the paper together.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
5 Assignment Benchmark